We publish an unofficial translation of the Political Declaration of the General Assembly of the CP-Red Sun.
We are marching in a compact group along a precipitous and difficult path, firmly holding each other by the hand. We are surrounded on all sides by enemies, and we have to advance under their almost constant fire. We have combined voluntarily, precisely for the purpose of fighting the enemy, and not to retreat into the adjacent marsh, the inhabitants of which, from the very outset, have reproached us with having separated ourselves into an exclusive group and with having chosen the path of struggle instead of the path of conciliation. And now several among us begin to cry out: let us go into this marsh! And when we begin to shame them, they retort: how conservative you are! Are you not ashamed to deny us the liberty to invite you to take a better road! Oh, yes, gentlemen! You are free not only to invite us, but to go yourselves wherever you will, even into the marsh. In fact, we think that the marsh is your proper place, and we are prepared to render you every assistance to get there. Only let go of our hands, don’t clutch at us and don’t besmirch the grand word “freedom,” for we too are “free” to go where we please, free to fight not only against the marsh, but also against those who are turning towards the marsh!
What is to be done?
Vladimir Ilich Lenin
Foreign languages press, Peking 1973
POLITICAL DECLARATION OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
To the working class and laborers
To the poor peasantry and the oppressed-original peoples
To the youth and women of the people
To the democratic organizations and unions
To the peoples of the Anahuac and of the world
With the attendance of 165 delegates representing the SolRojista base, this January 13 our General Assembly meeting in which we carried out an analysis of the international and national context in which the class struggle is developing in which we are immersed as a contingent fighting for national liberation and the world proletarian revolution.
We have made a thorough balance of our work carried out throughout the year that has just concluded and having democratic centralism and the two-line struggle as our method, we have taken transcendental resolutions to deepen our Rectification Campaign and our struggle.
In this regard, we consider:
- The general crisis of imperialism has no solution and this can be seen in its degree of decomposition reflected in its starving, plundering and warmongering character. The crisis of relative overproduction of commodities destroys the productive forces directly affecting the working class and the oppressed peoples, reinforcing the chains that weigh on both. Wage reduction, high cost of living, forced unemployment, loss of acquired rights, dispossession of lands, territories and natural resources is the form in which this is expressed. The war of plunder as an imperialist institution is the continuation of this policy and is manifested through aggression and occupations against the peoples. Ukraine and Palestine are the best examples.
- In the first, two superpowers are fighting for the new distribution of territories: US imperialism and the European Union have supported the fascist regime in Kiev, while Russian imperialism is trying at all costs to preserve its zones of influence. In the second, US imperialism, the European Union and Great Britain collude with the criminal Zionism developing genocide against Palestine; the dispossession and occupation of its historical territory for more than 75 years has not been enough for them, now they want to exterminate the Palestinian people. In both cases the main contradiction at the international level between imperialism and oppressed peoples is affirmed.
- In Ukraine the masses need to redirect their struggle against all the imperialist forces that intervene in one way or another in the aggression. The people of Ukraine urgently need a proletarian leadership to challenge and fight also the fascist regime in Kiev to impose the counter-restoration of Socialism as a guarantor of self-determination and peace. In Palestine the brilliant counter-offensive of “Al-Aqsa” continues marking the route through which the heroic Palestinian National Resistance has to cross until ending the Zionist entity and once Israel is defeated, to build on its ruins the Palestinian State of democratic and popular character where all the nationalities that cohabit the territory can fit.
- We live in the era of imperialism and the world proletarian revolution, and the latter remains the main tendency. Right now in the world four people’s wars are developing which are placed at the forefront of the national liberation struggle and the class struggle. In Peru, Turkey, India and the Philippines the proletariat through their respective Communist Parties and guerrilla armies is making the dawn break with the barrel of the gun, liberating territories and imposing New Power where the masses are reaffirming themselves as the makers of history. In other latitudes of the world new people’s wars are being prepared while the working class reorganizes its forces through the International Communist League which has recently celebrated its first anniversary. Also the peoples encourage the call to build the Anti-imperialist League against imperialism and fascism.
- At the national level we observe how the structural crisis of bureaucratic capitalism is worsening. The semi-colonial chains that weigh on Mexico suffocate the formality of “national sovereignty” with the imposition of economic agreements such as the T-MEC or the imperialist mega-projects of dispossession and death; the same happens with the migratory agreements that make the Mexican government the border police of the US. The militarization of the country and its economy continues to deepen and while the mercenary troops of the armed forces are in the streets committing crimes against the people, the generals and the admirals are making the business of their lives with all the concessions AMLO has given them. Also the semi-feudal chains bleed our peoples with an implacable regime of servitude expressed in the subsistence of the latifundium, the cacicazgo [Translator’s note: semi-feudal power which politically, economically and socially rules on countryside], the coyotaje [Translator’s note: the ones who are trafficking migrants through the border between United States and Mexico], slave labor and the levy that rest on the oldest racist and patriarchal bases.
- The war against the people and State terrorism yields contradictory numbers that the federal government tries to disguise and reduce in its official statistics. More than 111,000 disappeared and more than 166,000 murders -including more than 4,700 femicides- until December 2023 give us a general overview to which forced displacement, assassinations and attacks against agrarian communities under siege are added. It is the daily bread and the entire responsibility lies with the old State that colludes with paramilitary groups and drug cartels erected as authentic warlords with whom they refine and break again and again their pact of impunity for the sake of the balkanization of the national territory. This suits Yankee imperialism which insists again and again on military intervention in our country to combat “narco-terrorism”.
- As if that were not enough, this year 2024 marks the electoral circus of the big bourgeoisie, where once again the workers and peoples will be allowed to choose who will crush them from the landlord-bourgeois power. In addition to the official candidacies for the presidency of the republic, thousands of characters who are politicking and sighing for the flag of some candidacy are trying to confuse and deceive the population to ask for their vote. The machinery is in motion and all the electoral parties of the old State are getting ready to buy consciences, coerce votes, carry people and manipulate polls and results just to get their hands on a bone so that everything remains exactly the same.
- Finally the bourgeois electoral farce serves as a distraction (once again) to continue dismantling the rights that the workers and peoples have won after long struggles. The State Revenue Law of the State of Oaxaca for the fiscal year 2024 contains a new aggression against the masses with the so-called “Program of Legal Certainty of the Land for the Security and Welfare of the Patrimony” with which it is intended to “incorporate into private property the ejidal [Translator’s note: a form of communal land which ownership is held by Mexican State] and communal lands”. In other words, it is intended to dispossess ejido and communal lands in order to facilitate the imposition of mega-projects, as Carlos Salinas de Gortari did with PROCEDE and Vicente Fox Quesada did with FANAR. The social ownership of land in ejidos and agrarian communities is a conquest of the unfinished democratic revolution in our country, and endows them with an unseizable, imperscriptible and inalienable character, for which this State Law and its “program of legal certainty” is an anti-constitutional, anti-agrarian and anti-popular aberration that will be overthrown by the peoples with class struggle.
Therefore, our State Assembly declares the following points:
- We salute the various national liberation struggles taking place around the world, especially the Palestinian National Resistance and its various factions. We salute the national liberation and self-determination struggle of the Palestinian people. We demand an immediate halt to the genocide in Gaza and all occupied territories. From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!
- We salute the different ongoing people’s wars; we salute the Communist Parties that lead them and the guerrilla armies that develop them giving birth to the New Power. We salute the working class and its brilliant process of reorganization through the International Communist League (ICL).
- We salute the efforts of the workers and peoples of the world to achieve the unification of their forces in a powerful anti-imperialist movement; we are committed to the construction of the Anti-Imperialist League at the international level as a lever of struggle against imperialism, fascism and the war of plunder.
- We continue to reject the imposition of imperialist mega-projects of dispossession and death such as the Inter-oceanic Corridor, the bad-called “Mayan Train”, the Morelos Integral Project, etc. and we salute the peoples and organizations that maintain the resistance against them. We consider a second edition of the National Forum of Resistance indispensable to re-articulate the forces of the people and move on to the popular counter-offensive. Where there is oppression, there is resistance!
- We salute the Zapatista communities and the Zapatista Army of National Liberation (EZLN) that recently celebrated 30 years since the beginning of the uprising on January 1, 1994. We consider the Zapatista struggle and each of the stages through which it has passed as part of the rich experience of the popular movement for national liberation of the peoples of the Anahuac and the world.
- We firmly oppose the militarization and the war against the people and we continue to demand the presentation of our comrade Doctor Ernesto Sernas García alive and the punishment of the material and intellectual authors of the homicide of our comrades Luis Armando Fuentes Aquino, Jesus Manuel García Martínez and Félix Vicente Cruz, all of them community members murdered in the Isthmus of Tehuantepec for opposing the imposition of the CIIT.
- We pronounce ourselves against the pretensions of the Oaxaca state government, which with its Income Law and its “legal certainty program” seeks to dismantle and privatize ejido and communal lands. We call on the peoples and communities, the community assemblies and the democratic organizations to build a powerful agrarian movement of a unitary character, that from legal action to political action, with mobilization and struggle, will overthrow this new offensive of the latifundium and the big bourgeoisie. The land is not for sale, it is liberated and defended!
- Firm and consistent with our history of struggle and our principles, we declare ourselves against the bourgeois electoral farce, maintaining the independent character of our organization, rejecting any agreement, compromise or subordination to any of the electoral parties and candidates of the regime. Let no one be confused, our struggle is not for reforms or palliatives, it is for the New Democratic Revolution towards Socialism.
- In this sense, we once again call on the workers and peoples of Mexico to build a great platform of principled unity, supported by common and combative action, to boycott the bourgeois electoral farce, calling on the people to NOT VOTE, ORGANIZE AND FIGHT!
Lastly, our General Assembly, as an internal democratic exercise based on the validity and fulfillment of our Basic Documents, dissociates itself from any sinister character who in his own name or in the name of our organization pretends to seek a job, a bone or a master in these elections, legitimizing the regime.
No matter who governs, the rights of the people will be defended!
Do not vote, organize and fight!
Without for power, everything is illusion!
We are the spark that lights the prairie!
With the Red Sun, the people will win!
Let the workers rule the fatherland!
CURRENT OF THE PEOPLE RED SUN
JANUARY 13, 2024
REBELLING OAXACA, ANAHUAC (MEXICO).